We are looking for an experienced Data Engineer to join the team and participate in the design and development of creative and innovative solutions to manipulate and transform data coming from diverse domains and sources, as well as other custom systems and databases to facilitate its visibility and consumption through the appropriate interfaces.
- Expand the use of CACS data visualizations with custom APIs
- Assist in the processing and analysis of massive datasets
- Help automatize sophisticated data handling procedures
- 4 year college degree, or demonstrated equivalent work experience
- Experience with Java, SQL
- Prior work experience with web or mobile app design and database structuring
- Experience with Tableau or other data-visualization software preferred
- Exemplary problem solving skills
- Passion for using advanced software tools to fix California’s government.
- Ability to easily communicate with cross-functional teams, and with both engineers and non-engineers.
- Flexibility and the ability to work long hours
- Strong desire to work with young start-up and rapidly expanding team.
- Daily meals and refreshments are always provided.
- Salary is commensurate with experience.